A free thinker in the Heartland...

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Give me a break...

I am tired of the talk of iPod. I don't have one and think they are a waste of money. I have cd players, a cd burner, and that is all I need. I don't want to waste money always having to buy new songs to fill a stupid player.

Well, you can tell I am not a music person LOL! I like music, but I wouldn't buy an iPod to just let it collect dust. I waste enough money on toys that I should play with. I have a PS2 and an Xbox, and games... but I never play them enough to justify all the money into them. Sure my brothers love to use them, but hey they can do without lol.

Well this news article takes the cake.

But in unveiling its new video iPod on Wednesday, the company did more than show off its latest gadget. It also highlighted, in dramatic fashion, the seismic shifts taking place across the media spectrum. The days when what we hear or see is pre-determined by a static program schedule are going by the wayside.

Instead consumers, more than ever before, are firmly in control of their media, choosing content that is "liquid" and can flow through multiple devices.
...
"I think this is going to be a real ground-shifter," said Carl Goodman, director of digital media at the Museum of the Moving Image in New York. "It could completely alter the relationship consumers have with their video media. If you're talking about the DVD player or the VCR, those are toast. "


Come on get real! iPod leading to the downfall of the DVD? DVD will kill the VCR when they become easier to record like a VCR... and DVDs will be replaced by flash drives. Why? Lets face it, DVDs are too fragile... they scratch too easy. I welcome the next generation media, which I think will be flash drives connected via USB or simiar port into a Media Center Computer.

Apple should be tickled pink that they are getting so much free press. Who says that corporations own the media?

Forget the fact that I contributed to giving them free press by even writing this post....