A free thinker in the Heartland...

Friday, September 29, 2006

Survivor pulls a PT Barnum

The show Survivor has lost viewers the past few years, because if you have seen starving dirty people on beaches doing pointless tasts, you have seen them all. But this season, they threw in the twist of SEGREGATION!

Yes the airwaves were filled with the shrill complants, of how a show could turn back time by seperating contestants by race! The SHAME!

Well the last laugh was on the viewers, I am afraid. From the South Bend Tribune:

All the hubbub about the "Survivor" ethnic experiment turned out to be pretty worthless.

Why? Because after only two episodes, producers merged the black, white, Asian and Latino tribes into two mixed-race gangs on the CBS reality show Thursday night. No explanation was given for the quick abandonment of segregation; it seemed to pass by so quickly as to mean nothing.

"We're back to America. We're a melting pot," said Parvati, a boxer on the new Raro tribe. "I love it."


I don't watch the show (I could claim on principal, but I just don't like these types of reality shows), so I could care that they decieved their audience... but I wonder how their viewers feel about this?